Attending a trivia night is a great way to switch up date night, meet new people, and have a little friendly competition. And usually with happy hour food and drink specials, and chances to win awesome prizes like gift certificates, free beer, or cash pots. Here's our favorite places to play around the city:
1 - Central Cinema
Between MAP Theatre's pop culture trivia events and MOVIECAT movie trivia nights (which features cats drawn into movie scenes), Central Cinema hosts some of the most entertaining trivia around.
- MOVIECAT: Movie Trivia Night, May 18th, 7 pm, $6, Tickets
- MAP THEATRE: Bob’s Burgers Triva, May 25th & June 1,, 7 pm, $8, Facebook Event
- MOVIECAT: Movie Trivia Night hosted by The Arrogant Bastards, June 22, 7 pm, $8, Tickets
- MOVIECAT: Movie Trivia Night, July 20th, 7 pm, $6
- MAP THEATRE: Community, Seasons 1- 3 Trivia Night, Sept 7, 7 pm, $8, Facebook Event
- MAP THEATRE: Seinfeld Trivia Night, Oct 12, 7 pm, $8, Facebook Event
- MAP THEATRE: Harry Potter Films Trivia Night, Nov 9 & 16, Facebook Event
- MAP THEATRE: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Trivia Night, Dec 7 & Dec 14th, 7 - 9 pm, $8, Facebook Event
2 - Moe Bar
Trivia Tuesday's at Moe Bar on Capitol Hill have become our newest obsession. No cover, drink specials, and you can bring in outside food. Like Map Theatre's productions, they've been running pop culture trivia like Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Arrested Development, and The Office. This month share your knowledge of useful things like JD and Turk's bromance and stolen blue tubas.
- Trivia Tuesday: How I Met Your Mother, May 24, 7 pm, Free, Facebook Event
- Trivia Tuesday: Scrubs, May 31, 7 pm, Free, Facebook Event
3 - The George & Dragon
Every Tuesday night at 8 pm, answer 40 general knowledge questions with your team of 1 - 6 people in this British sports pub in the Fremont neighborhood. Test your knowledge of Seattle history with MOHAI's neighborhood trivia at The George & Dragon on May 24th (Mohai.org)
4 - Norm's Eatery and Ale House
Norm's is one of the few dog-friendly bars in the city, which means you can bring your pups to trivia night! Or just pet a friendly neighbor's animal if you don't have your own. Thursday nights at 8 pm, $5 team of 6 players.
5 - Pies & Pints
Pies & Pints in Roosevelt hosts a "Geeks Who Drink" quiz every Tuesday night at 8 pm, free to play. Tuesday's are the biggest night of the week for trivia in Seattle - but where else can you get trivia AND delicious pot pies made from scratch? So good.
6 - Red Star Taco Bar
Bring a date to Red Star Taco Bar for free trivia from Sporcle Live, every Monday, 8 and 9 pm in Fremont, and enjoy a variety of specialty tacos. Try the Korean short rib taco, the blackened Alaskan rock fish, or a classic tequila lime chicken with tortillas made in-house.
7 - Ballard Loft
Tuesday nights, "Geeks Who Drink" are at the Ballard Loft for free trivia, starting at 8 pm - coinciding with a great happy hour. Eight rounds of eight questions each, in typical "geeks" fashion. We love drinking at the Loft, and trivia only makes it better.
8 - Brave Horse Tavern
Work in South Lake Union? Have your date meet you at Brave Horse Tavern for the weekly "Geeks Who Drink" quiz. Mondays, 6 pm, free. Past prizes have included Tom Douglas gift cards to the winning team - which means more money for another date!
*Don't forget to sign up for the mailing list of your "Geeks Who Drink" venue to preview themes and get bonus questions.
9 - College Inn Pub
The first Tuesday of the month means its time for Burke Trivia Night at the College Inn Pub, where the Burke Museum tests everything you know about the natural world - from dinosaurs to Native American history. Are you smart enough? It's $5 per team, up to six people per team, starting at 8 pm.
- June 7, July 5, August 2, September 6, October 4, Nov 1, Dec 6
10 - Peddler Brewing Company
On first Thursdays of the month, help raise money for Cascade Bicycle club with trivia night in the beer garden at Peddler Brewing Company. $5 entry per player, six per team.
The next trivia night is June 2, starting at 7:30 pm (Facebook Event), and will have the Anchor End Pretzel Shoppe food truck. Yum!
MORE TRIVIA EVENTS COMING UP:
- Harry Potter Trivia, Neumos, May 17, 6:30 and 8:30 pm, $6.62, etix.com
- Geek Out! Trivia Night: Seattle Beer Week Edition, Raygun Lounge, May 19, 7:30 pm, Free, Facebook Event
For a complete list of weekly trivia nights, visit seattle.quiznight.net